World Environment Day 2022 | KangaROOS
Dear ROOS Member,
For too long, we have been exploiting and destroying our planet’s ecosystems.
Every three seconds, the world loses enough forest to cover a football pitch and over the last century we have destroyed half of our wetlands.
Ecosystem loss is depriving the world of carbon sinks, like forests and peatlands, at a time humanity can least afford it.
Global greenhouse gas emissions have grown for three consecutive years and the planet is one pace for potentially catastrophic climate change.
The emergence of COVID-19 has also shown just how disastrous the consequences of ecosystem loss can be.
With this big and challenging picture, the World Environment Day is focus in the ecosystem restoration and its theme is “Reimagine. Recreate.Restore.”
That's why we introduce our limited edition KangaROOS and support "World Environment Day".
Each pair of sneakers is made of sustainable materials and a tree is planted to support the environment!
The release is planned for 04.06.2022
The shoe is limited to 440 pairs
- The shoe is partly made of hemp.
- The leather pieces are manufactured with the blue angel certificate.
Insole is made of cork.
- A specially created certificate is created for each shoe as proof that a tree has been planted.
- All hangtags are made from seed paper which can be replanted and flowers will sprout.
- The box is made from recycled cardboard.
- Shoe will be limited to 440 pairs. (440 because of the story of 440 trees to plant in a lifetime)